Compliance with ISO 27001 is not a requirement, but it is highly recommended in a world where hackers are ruthlessly targeting your data. Meeting the requirements of the ISO standards will help you to :
● reduce risks and costs;
● comply with legal requirements;
● provide assurance to the company's customers ;
● gain a competitive advantage.
Information security is a set of strategies for managing policies and processes. It aims to: protect, identify and counter threats to digital information and sensitive or personal data.
What is ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 is a set of requirements for information technology in an information security management system. This international standard is designed to help organisations of all sizes and sectors to implement an effective information security management system.
Implementation of the personal data protection system
● identification of valuable or sensitive information that needs to be protected;
● implementation of controls to mitigate each risk.
Risks include any threat to the confidentiality, integrity or availability of data. This standard provides a framework for selecting appropriate controls and processes.
The benefits of ISO 27001 certification
Certification demonstrates to customers that the organisation has defined and implemented an information security process based on good practice.
It enables your company to effectively prevent risks such as
● data loss;
● the resulting damage to image and financial losses.
More specifically, the following are some of the many benefits to the company:
● methodical structuring of processes ;
● detection of weaknesses and consideration of threats ;
● protection of confidential information ;
● mobilisation of teams around a common project ;
● setting up indicators that promote safety management;
● continuous improvement.
Calling in an expert firm
Extrend Consulting supports your company in its ISO 27001 certification through several actions:
- implementation of the management system ;
- ISO 27001 training ;